The SAGE Key Concepts series provides students with accessible and authoritative knowledge of the essential topics in a variety of disciplines. Cross-referenced throughout, the format encourages critical evaluation through understanding. Written by experienced and respected academics, the books are indispensable study aids and guides to comprehension.
- Provides a comprehensive, easy-to-use introduction to the field
- Grounds theory with global examples
- Takes it further with recommended reading
- Covers the central ideas and practices from production and media studies
- Situates radio studies within its historical context and contemporary auditory culture
Pirate radio is unlicensed radio and the term is mainly associated with the historically specific case of offshore radio in Britain in the 1960s.
The term ‘pirate radio’ suggests the romance of determined, but illegal, radio enthusiasts transmitting exciting alternatives to dull mainstream ...