The SAGE Key Concepts series provides students with accessible and authoritative knowledge of the essential topics in a variety of disciplines. Cross-referenced throughout, the format encourages critical evaluation through understanding. Written by experienced and respected academics, the books are indispensable study aids and guides to comprehension.
- Provides a comprehensive, easy-to-use introduction to the field
- Grounds theory with global examples
- Takes it further with recommended reading
- Covers the central ideas and practices from production and media studies
- Situates radio studies within its historical context and contemporary auditory culture
Internet radio is radio made accessible over the Internet, either as live streamed audio or as audio on demand.
There are some quite obvious facts about Internet (or ‘web’) radio, which are worth stating at the beginning. Because it is communicated over the Internet it is globally available, ...