The SAGE Key Concepts series provides students with accessible and authoritative knowledge of the essential topics in a variety of disciplines. Cross-referenced throughout, the format encourages critical evaluation through understanding. Written by experienced and respected academics, the books are indispensable study aids and guides to comprehension.
- Provides a comprehensive, easy-to-use introduction to the field
- Grounds theory with global examples
- Takes it further with recommended reading
- Covers the central ideas and practices from production and media studies
- Situates radio studies within its historical context and contemporary auditory culture
The radio format refers to the programming policy of a radio station, normally defined by the type of music played.
Radio formats are a means of producing a standardised and predictable output for listeners and are mainly, but not exclusively, associated with commercial radio. Formatting is designed to satisfy ...