The SAGE Key Concepts series provides students with accessible and authoritative knowledge of the essential topics in a variety of disciplines. Cross-referenced throughout, the format encourages critical evaluation through understanding. Written by experienced and respected academics, the books are indispensable study aids and guides to comprehension.
- Provides a comprehensive, easy-to-use introduction to the field
- Grounds theory with global examples
- Takes it further with recommended reading
- Covers the central ideas and practices from production and media studies
- Situates radio studies within its historical context and contemporary auditory culture
Advertising on radio involves the sale of airtime to businesses to allow them to sell their products, usually as short ‘spot’ advertisements or in the form of programme sponsorship.
Who pays for radio? The listener pays for the radio set or receiver but only rarely ...