The SAGE Key Concepts series provides students with accessible and authoritative knowledge of the essential topics in a variety of disciplines. Cross-referenced throughout, the format encourages critical evaluation through understanding. Written by experienced and respected academics, the books are indispensable study aids and guides to comprehension.
- Provides a comprehensive, easy-to-use introduction to the field
- Grounds theory with global examples
- Takes it further with recommended reading
- Covers the central ideas and practices from production and media studies
- Situates radio studies within its historical context and contemporary auditory culture
This refers to the sense of belonging to a defined community (including the nation), which radio and other media are able to foster among listeners.
Both of the most important radio-centric cultural histories of America draw heavily on the concept of the imagined community ...