The SAGE Key Concepts series provides students with accessible and authoritative knowledge of the essential topics in a variety of disciplines. Cross-referenced throughout, the format encourages critical evaluation through understanding. Written by experienced and respected academics, the books are indispensable study aids and guides to comprehension.
- Provides a comprehensive, easy-to-use introduction to the field
- Grounds theory with global examples
- Takes it further with recommended reading
- Covers the central ideas and practices from production and media studies
- Situates radio studies within its historical context and contemporary auditory culture
Acoustics refers to the quality and nature of sound in a particular physical environment. It also refers more generally to sound and hearing as in ‘acoustic dislocation’.
The word acoustics is used in two rather different ways in writing on radio. It has a specific ...