The SAGE Key Concepts series provides students with accessible and authoritative knowledge of the essential topics in a variety of disciplines. Cross-referenced throughout, the format encourages critical evaluation through understanding. Written by experienced and respected academics, the books are indispensable study aids and guides to comprehension.
- Provides a comprehensive, easy-to-use introduction to the field
- Grounds theory with global examples
- Takes it further with recommended reading
- Covers the central ideas and practices from production and media studies
- Situates radio studies within its historical context and contemporary auditory culture
Co-presence refers to the idea that radio listening is a sociable activity and that listening simulates being with presenters and other listeners.
One of the purposes of this book is to take radio, that humble and everyday accompaniment to our lives, and attempt to dismantle and ...