The SAGE Key Concepts series provides students with accessible and authoritative knowledge of the essential topics in a variety of disciplines. Cross-referenced throughout, the format encourages critical evaluation through understanding. Written by experienced and respected academics, the books are indispensable study aids and guides to comprehension.
- Provides a comprehensive, easy-to-use introduction to the field
- Grounds theory with global examples
- Takes it further with recommended reading
- Covers the central ideas and practices from production and media studies
- Situates radio studies within its historical context and contemporary auditory culture
The term ‘audience’ is used to discuss both individual listeners and groups of listeners to radio.
All radio is made for an audience, for the mass of listeners who, largely on their own, receive or consume the radio message. Everyone involved today in the business of creating radio has ...