The SAGE Key Concepts series provides students with accessible and authoritative knowledge of the essential topics in a variety of disciplines. Cross-referenced throughout, the format encourages critical evaluation through understanding. Written by experienced and respected academics, the books are indispensable study aids and guides to comprehension.
- Provides a comprehensive, easy-to-use introduction to the field
- Grounds theory with global examples
- Takes it further with recommended reading
- Covers the central ideas and practices from production and media studies
- Situates radio studies within its historical context and contemporary auditory culture
The radio phone-in (or ‘call in’) is a production technique that incorporates listeners’ calls into the content of the programme.
The radio phone-in is a universally popular programming device and has become one of the most important ways of filling the 24-hour radio schedule. The ...