The Sage Course Companion in International Business is an easy-to-navigate support guide to the International Business curriculum. It allows readers to extend their understanding of key concepts and enhance their thinking skills in line with course requirements. This book also provides guidance on essential study skills and advice on developing critical thinking about international business.
Part 1: Introduction to your IB Companion
Part 2: Core Areas of the IB Curriculum
- Introduction to the Running Themes in the Book
- Chapter 2.1: International Business Basics: Terminologies and First Reflections on Globalization, Regionalism and International Commerce
- Chapter 2.2: International Trade and Investment Theory
- Chapter 2.3: Foundations of International Economy and Trade: Culture, Politics, Law and Ethics
- Chapter 2.4: Economic Integration and Trade Relations
- Chapter 2.5: Globalization and the Monetary System
- Chapter 2.6: Internationalization: Theory, Tools and HR Issues
- Chapter 2.7: International Strategy and Organizational Structures
- Chapter 2.8: Business Operations and International Marketing
- Chapter 2.9: Risk and Uncertainties
- Chapter 2.10: Knowledge Management in International Business
- Chapter 2.11: The International Economy and International Trade or: Why and how is International Business Influenced by the Global Policy Environment?
Part 3: Study, Writing and Revision Skills (in Collaboration with David McIlroy)