This extremely practical and child-focused book gives you the tools you need to make sure all the children in your care are included and involved in the play opportunities of your setting.
Inside the Second Edition, new content includes:
Consideration of the early years curricula across the whole of the UK; A new chapter on risk and challenge in play; New case studies; International examples; Full coverage of the Birth to Eight age range; Consideration of inclusive play from a children's rights perspective
A key book for those in practice, and underpinned by sound theory, this book will help you encourage and support inclusive play throughout your setting; it is packed with activities for you to try, ideas for small changes to make that can have a big impact and clear guidance on writing a play policy.
With a focus on appreciating children as individuals, this book is essential for all early years practitioners and those studying early years at any level.
- Chapter 1: Understanding Inclusive Play
- Chapter 2: Play Environments That Support, Intrigue, Challenge and Inspire
- Chapter 3: Enabling Inclusive Play Opportunities – The Role of Adults
- Chapter 4: Creative Input, Playful Opportunities
- Chapter 5: Risk, Challenge and Uncertainty in Inclusive Settings
- Chapter 6: Working Together
- Chapter 7: Managing for Inclusive Play