While technology ushers in opportunity, best practice integration remains challenging. Learn to implement digital pedagogies by promoting collaboration, bolstering purposeful inquiry, and anchoring student learning for optimized outcomes.
Part I: Digital Age Best Practices
Digital Age Best Practices represent a distinct set of instructional strategies that contain empirically validated results relating to student academic achievement while promoting the tenets of digital age learning. Each Digital Age Best Practice was selected based on the following criteria:
- Aligns to the National Educational Technology Standards for Students (NETS-S) and 21st Century Skills
- Demonstrates significant results on standardized tests
- Employs existing classroom digital tools and resources
- Provides results that can be generalized to any K-12 classroom
- Allows seamless integration with other “competing” instructional initiatives
The Digital Age Best Practices provide classroom practitioners with a balanced approach to addressing instructional practices that have demonstrated “statistical significance,” but of equal importance, have promoted the critical attributes of 21st Century Skills and Themes. A ...