- Subject index
A comprehensive and research-based text detailing the important relationship between school administration and human resources administration.
“The author provides [students] with specific strategies for navigating the treacherous waters of personnel selection, development, retention, and removal. I wish I had the book when I began my work as Director of Personnel.”
—Zach Kelehear University of South Carolina
Human Resources Administration for Educational Leaders balances theory and pedagogy to demonstrate the historical evolution of the human resources function in education, the link between human resources and organizational effectiveness, and the new trends in human resources accountability.
Key Features and Benefits:
- Provides students with samples of the tools that practicing HR administrators use for planning, recruiting, interviewing, selecting, evaluating, compensating, and developing staff personnel
- Dedicates separate chapters to areas often neglected in other texts: ...
Chapter 11: The Compensation Process: An Operations Model
The Compensation Process: An Operations Model
After reading this chapter, you will be able to
- Identify the problems related to school finance in education historically.
- Identify the various approaches to personnel compensation in education.
- Determine the differences between salary, wages, and psychic ...