The Sage Course Companion on Human Resource Management is an accessible introduction to the subject that will help readers to extend their understanding of key concepts and enhance their thinking skills in line with course requirements. It provides support on how to revise for exams and prepare for and write assessed pieces. Readers are encouraged not only to think like an HRM student but also to think about the subject critically.
Designed to compliment existing textbooks for the course, the companion provides:
- Easy access to the key themes in HRM
- Helpful summaries of the approach taken by the main course textbooks and their strengths and weaknesses
- Guidance on the essential study skills required to pass the course
- Sample exam questions and answers, with advice on common themes that must always be addressed, how to use information effectively and pitfalls to advoid
- Themes that run throughout the major points covered by the book
- Taking it Further sections that suggest how readers can extent their thinking beyond the ‘received wisdom’
Much more than a revision guide for undergraduates, it is an essential tool that will help readers take their course understanding to new levels and help them achieve success in their undergraduate course.
Chapter 3.2: How to Make the Most of Seminars
How to Make the Most of Seminars
Not to Be Underestimated
Interaction between students and lecturers during seminars can considerably enhance the learning and development process.
Checklist – Some Useful Features of Seminars
- Can identify problems that you had not thought of.
- Can clear up confusing issues.
- Allow you to ask questions and make comments.
- Can help you develop friendships and teamwork.
- Enable you to refresh and consolidate your knowledge.
- Can help you sharpen motivation and redirect study efforts.
An Asset to Complement other Learning Activities
In a seminar you will hear a variety of contributions, and different perspectives and emphases. You will have the chance to interrupt and the experience of being interrupted! You will also learn that you can get things ...