The Sage Course Companion on Human Resource Management is an accessible introduction to the subject that will help readers to extend their understanding of key concepts and enhance their thinking skills in line with course requirements. It provides support on how to revise for exams and prepare for and write assessed pieces. Readers are encouraged not only to think like an HRM student but also to think about the subject critically.
Designed to compliment existing textbooks for the course, the companion provides:
- Easy access to the key themes in HRM
- Helpful summaries of the approach taken by the main course textbooks and their strengths and weaknesses
- Guidance on the essential study skills required to pass the course
- Sample exam questions and answers, with advice on common themes that must always be addressed, how to use information effectively and pitfalls to advoid
- Themes that run throughout the major points covered by the book
- Taking it Further sections that suggest how readers can extent their thinking beyond the ‘received wisdom’
Much more than a revision guide for undergraduates, it is an essential tool that will help readers take their course understanding to new levels and help them achieve success in their undergraduate course.
Study, Writing and Revision Skills*
If you work through this material you should be better equipped to profit from your lectures and seminars; construct your essays efficiently; develop effective revision strategies and deal with exams more effectively. The overall aim is to provide you with the toolkit that will help you to excel in your studies.
in collaboration with David McIlroy