In this book Rita Cheminais shows how you can achieve the Every Child Matters (ECM) Standards in your classroom. Paying attention to the practical details, she provides guidance on: Applying the ECM standards to mainstream primary and secondary schools, special schools, Pupil Referral Units (PRUs), and Children's Centers Undertaking the ECM Standards audit Monitoring and evaluating progress Building a portfolio of evidence Undertaking the assessment processThe evidence gathered towards meeting the ECM Standards can be used with the OFSTED school self-evaluation form (SEF). The author has also included full evidence descriptors for each of the 12 ECM Standards in table format and aligned with the relevant ECM outcomes; an accompanying CD-ROM that features an improvement planning and self-evaluation framework and a PowerPoint presentation; and useful summary checklists.
- Chapter 1: The Every Child Matters Standards
- Chapter 2: How to Achieve the Every Child Matters Standards
- Chapter 3: Undertaking the Every Child Matters Initial Standards Audit
- Chapter 4: Building an Every Child Matters Portfolio of Evidence
- Chapter 5: The Every Child Matters Evidence Descriptors for the Twelve Standards
- Chapter 6: Monitoring and Evaluating Progress Towards Meeting the Every Child Matters Standards