Adobe Flash is one of the most popular languages for animated web content, and recently social and behavioral scientists have started taking advantage of the program for online data collection. This book is a unique, step-by-step guide to using Adobe Flash to develop experiments and other research tools. Each chapter presents a set of techniques, followed by practice examples. No previous knowledge of programming is required to learn all the necessary skills for programming your own online survey or experiment.
In this Chapter, you will Learn
- To use a flowchart to plan your program
- How to insert and name new Frames
- How to make Flash respond to an event
- How to write a function that jumps from Frame to Frame
- How to use Frame numbers and names for navigation
- How to reuse a function
- How to remove Event Listeners to maintain clean code
Many programmers will conceptualize their programs in terms of a flowchart: A certain answer to a prompt will determine what happens next. In this ...