The Sage Course Companion on Financial Accounting is an accessible introduction to the subject that will help readers to master key concepts and enhance their thinking skills in line with course requirements. It provides support on how to revise for exams and prepare for and write assessed pieces.
This section will show you how to:
- develop strategies for controlling your nervous energy;
- tackle worked examples of time and task management in exams;
- attend to the practical details associated with the exam;
- stay focused on the exam questions;
- link revision outlines to strategy for addressing exam questions.
Handling Your Nerves
Exam nerves are not unusual and it has been concluded that test anxiety arises because of the perception that your performance is being evaluated, that the consequences are likely to be serious and that you are working under the pressure of a time restriction. However, it has also been asserted that the activation of the autonomic nervous system is adaptive in that it is designed to prompt us to take action in order to avoid danger. If you focus ...