This one-of-a-kind book presents evidence-based coverage of the assessment and treatment of the most common mental health disorders among women, particularly low-income women. For each disorder—depression, post-traumatic stress disorder and trauma (including sexual abuse), generalized anxiety disorder, substance use disorder, and borderline personality disorder—the authors include assessment instruments and detailed case examples that illustrate the assessment and treatment recommendations.
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: Women, Trauma, and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Chapter 3: Women and Depression
- Chapter 4: Women and Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Chapter 5: Income and Substance Use among Women
- Chapter 6: Borderline Personality Disorder and Women: Comorbidity with Mood, Anxiety, and Substance Use Disorders
- Chapter 7: Toward Effective Practice with Low-Income Women