This original and exciting new text examines the crucial role of innovation and entrepreneurship in achieving growth and ongoing success in the small business sector.
The aims of this chapter are to assist the reader to:
- recognise that small entrepreneurial firms may lack adequate financial resources to support large scale promotional activity
- understand the entrepreneur as a personality can often provide the basis for an effective promotional platform
- comprehend that effective planning is critical in enhancing promotional cost-benefit relationships
- recognise that entrepreneurs should usually focus on promoting benefit superiority
- accept that benefit messages will need to change to reflect different customer purchase motivations
- understand a wide variety of different promotional channels options exist
- recognise the Internet is a very effective new channel through which to build customer awareness.
No matter what the size of the firm, the aim of promotion is to build awareness among potential or existing customers through the provision ...