How do I enrich children’s learning of primary mathematics to bring the subject to life? This book inspires and supports you, the new and beginning teacher, to use talk-rich and open tasks that bring mathematics to life in your classroom. • Tried and loved practical tasks that engage and motivate • Supports you to create confident and resilient mathematicians in your classroom • Explores ways to engage children in mathematics across the primary curriculum • Focuses on understanding key mathematical concepts and the connections between them
Exploiting Digital Technology in Mathematics
- helps you to understand the place of technology in learning
- shows you how to use digital technology to enhance children’s deeper understanding
- supports your use of mobile technologies in the classroom
- introduces some free applications for you to use
- includes recommended websites for resources and further information.
The massive ambitions we share, as a nation, for education cannot be met without technology. Crucially, they cannot be met without technology designed to help people learn.
The report by the Technology Enhanced Learning Research Programme (Gillen and Barton, 2010) is clear about the place of technology within learning. There is a plethora of websites and an increasing number [Page 97]of educational apps that can have ...