Successful teachers are able to motivate and inspire the children they teach and this is a skill that can only be supported by understanding good practice. This book gives you smart, pragmatic guidance backed by evidence-based research on how to engage and inspire in your teaching. It looks at both how you can influence and shape the learning that goes on in your classroom and how you can apply key lessons to your own professional development as a teacher. Key coverage includes: • The psychology of motivation and its implications for the classroom • Behaviour for learning • Essential advice on of safeguarding, mental health and wellbeing • Active learning and engaging your pupils in the learning process • How to develop as a professional and empowered teacher
Chapter 11: The future : What do we stand for in education?
The future : What do we stand for in education?
In this chapter, you will learn about:
- Our values as early career teachers: Staying the distance
- Mutuality between pupils and teachers
- Moving towards a better education for teachers and pupils through engagement, motivation and empowerment
- A better teacher education, a better schooling
Our values as early career teachers: Staying the distance
We place values and humanity at the centre of our approach to education –both for the teachers and their pupils. High standards of learning should be expected of all learners. High values must be enshrined in a good education. This is equally important for early career teachers. By high values, we mean:
- Integrity: Educationally sound processes and outcomes that are built on morally and professionally defensible foundations.
- Agency: Ownership ...