This field-tested guidebook helps teachers develop skills for integrating best teaching practices with technology and includes case studies, examples of student work, and Web links.
About this chapter
Themes that you will encounter in this chapter:
- children working together
- the value and importance of prior knowledge
- the promotion of social-constructivist learning
- the interactive nature of some internet-mediated activities.
Questions to keep in mind when reading this chapter
- Does the promotion of working collaboratively detract from or add to the learning experiences of the children?
- Would any of the work described here have been better suited to lone working?
- What are the main perceived benefits of collaborative working exemplified in this chapter?
- When is working collaboratively likely to be of most benefit to most learners?
- Were the planned learning outcomes achieved in an effective way, and could they have been achieved better by some other means?
The case studies in this chapter exemplify the ways in which previous experience can ...