This field-tested guidebook helps teachers develop skills for integrating best teaching practices with technology and includes case studies, examples of student work, and Web links.
About this chapter
Even with many changes in classroom practice over the last twenty years and more, individual work is still a mainstay of teaching methodology for many teachers. The internet offers many opportunities for individual exploration and activity, and some of these opportunities will be explored in the case studies in this chapter.
The themes that you will encounter in this chapter are:
- children working alone
- constructivism and behaviourism working together to good effect.
Questions to keep in mind when reading this chapter
- Does lone working detract from or add to the learning experiences of the children?
- Would more collaborative work improve the experiences of the children and lead to increased effective learning?
- When is working alone likely to be of most benefit to learners?
- Were the planned learning outcomes ...