Effective School Leadership raises many questions about effective leadership and how it is seen from different viewpoints. The issues are placed in political context and in relation to a changing world scene.
- Chapter 1: Seven Selected Heresies of Leadership
- Chapter 2: Time for a Change
- Chapter 3: The School Leader's View
- Chapter 4: What Teachers, Parents, Governors and Pupils want from their Heads
- Chapter 5: Expectations of School Leaders: An Australian Picture
- Chapter 6: Some Comparative Learnings from the Study
- Chapter 7: Who Really Runs the School?
- Chapter 8: Ethical Challenges in School Leadership
- Chapter 9: Effective Leaders and Effective Schools
- Chapter 10: Developing Effective School Leaders
- Chapter 11: Postscript