‘The book gives excellent insight of current Early Years topics by covering international educational approaches and discussing the need to professionalise the sector. It is suitable for students on Early Childhood Studies programme, EYPS, and Early Years Foundation Degrees.’ - Eva Mikuska, Senior Lecturer at University of Chichester, MA, EYPS, and Programme Leader for the Foundation Degree in Early Childhood
Chapter 10: The place of technology in early years care and education
The place of technology in early years care and education
Key Ideas Explored in this Chapter
- the place of technology in the lives of young children today
- what educational technology actually is
- the use and place of technology in ECEC
- key issues such as appropriateness, speed of change and impact on children's overall learning
- how practitioners can use technology appropriately.
The title of this chapter is perhaps misleading as it suggests that there is a question about whether there is a place for technology in early years care and education. In fact, trying to [Page 150]deny that there is a place for technology would be rather like trying to put the genie back in the bottle. All our lives are affected ...