Developmental Psychology provides student readers with essential help in all aspects of their first course in developmental psychology, including advice on revising exams, preparing and writing course assessment materials, and enhancing and progressing their knowledge and skills in line with course requirements on a developmental psychology course.
Chapter 3.5: Revision Hints and Tips
Revision Hints and Tips
Whatl This Section will Give You. How to:
- map out your accumulated material for revision
- choose summary tags to guide your revision
- keep well-organised folders for revision
- make use of effective memory techniques
- revise in a way that combines bullet points and in-depth reading
- profit from the benefits of revising with others
The Return Journey
On a return journey you will usually pass by all the same places you had already passed when you were outward bound. If you had observed the various landmarks on your outward journey you would be likely to remember them on your return. Similarly revision is a means to ‘revisit’ what you have encountered before. Familiarity with your material can help reduce anxiety inspire confidence and fuel motivation for further learning ...