Developmental Psychology provides student readers with essential help in all aspects of their first course in developmental psychology, including advice on revising exams, preparing and writing course assessment materials, and enhancing and progressing their knowledge and skills in line with course requirements on a developmental psychology course.
Part One: The Basics of Developmental Psychology
The overall aim of this part is to familiarise you with the basics of developmental psychology. It will:
- define developmental psychology as a topic
- provide an outline of developmental psychology and its related disciplines
- give you a brief history of developmental psychology
- introduce the founding figures and their core ideas
- encourage you to think like a developmental psychologist
- help you understand the general principles of assessment and expected learning outcomes when studying this area of psychology
- provide tips and examples of the running themes you will find throughout the text.