Discover powerful ways to connect with your students!
All too often, managing a classroom means gaining control, dictating guidelines, and implementing rules. Designed for any teacher struggling with student behavior, motivation, and engagement, Developing a Learning Classroom explores how to create a thriving, learning-centered classroom through three critical concepts?relationships, relevance, and rigor. Discover how you can: Develop an interactive learning mindset; Create a safe environment where students question, explore, and discover; Uncover a student's learning profile as well as your own teaching style; Use student input to create classroom practices and procedures; Apply brain-based instructional strategies to keep students engaged; Use student surveys and a personal education plan to improve learning environments
Filled with classroom stories, starter worksheets, and action steps, this book reveals the secrets to transforming an ordinary classroom into an extraordinary learning community!
- Chapter 1: What Is a Learning Classroom? How to Develop Relationships, Relevance, and Rigor
- Chapter 2: Who Am I Who Teaches? How Knowing Oneself Impacts Practice
- Chapter 3: Who Are the Students We Teach? How Knowing Our Students Affects Teaching and Learning
- Chapter 4: How Do We Reach Our Students? How Procedures and Clear Expectations Develop a Learning Classroom
- Chapter 5: How Do We Teach Our Students? How to Engage Students in Their Own Learning with Rigor and Relevance
- Chapter 6: How Do We Know If Our Students Are Learning? How to Assess and Motivate Students
- Chapter 7: How Do We Stay in the Game? How to Cultivate Learning Communities for Continual Professional Growth
- Appendix A: Introductory Student Survey (Also Available at http://www.corwin.com/books/Book237330)
- Appendix B: Advanced Student Survey (Also Available at http://www.corwin.com/books/Book237330)
- Appendix C: Sample Socratic Questions: Tools to Stimulate Critical Thinking
- Appendix D: Flexible Lesson Design
- Appendix E: Personal Education Plan (Also Available at http://www.corwin.com/books/Book237330)
- CORWIN: A SAGE Company