Using an engaging storytelling approach, Culture and Psychology introduces students to culture from a scientific yet accessible point of view. Author Stephen Fox integrates art, literature, and music into each chapter to offer students a rich and complete picture of cultures from around the world. The text wholly captures students’ attention while addressing key concepts typically found in a Psychology of Culture or Cross-Cultural Psychology course. Chapters feature personalized, interdisciplinary stories to help students understand specific concepts and theories, and encourage them to make connections between the material and their own lives.
Chapter Tweleve: Living in a Multicultural World
Living in a Multicultural World
- LO 12.1 Describe the ways multicultural interactions are increasing.
- LO 12.2 Identify issues that culturally informed psychologists address in the real world.
- LO 12.3 Explain how culture shapes conflict and resolution.
- LO 12.4 Discuss ways the arts are a positive factor in this increasingly multicultural world.
Preparing to Read
- How many ethnicities are represented in your class? Your college or university?
- How many ethnic groups live in your community?
- The last time you went to a doctor, did you think the staff members were from your area?
On a Wednesday in early 2018, a judge issued a bench warrant for the arrest of assistant professor Kaleikoa Ka‘eo for failure to appear in court. Ka‘eo had arrived on time for the hearing and ...