Revised and extended to cover critical reflection and evaluation of information resources, this new edition of Critical Thinking Skills for Education Students is a practical and user-friendly text to help education students develop their understanding of critical analysis. It outlines the skills needed to examine and challenge data and encourages students to adopt this way of thinking to enrich their personal and professional development. The text helps students to develop their self-evaluation skills in order to recognise personal values and perceptions. Critical analysis, modeling, case studies, worked examples and reflective tasks are used to engage the reader with the text - building both skills and confidence.
- Chapter 1: Critical Thinking: Why is it Important and what is it Anyway?
- Chapter 2: Developing a Critical Mindset: Deconstructing Argument
- Chapter 3: Information (Digital) Literacy
- Chapter 4: Analysing Data and Interpreting Findings
- Chapter 5: Developing your Critical Thinking Skills: Reading Critically
- Chapter 6: Developing Critical Thinking through Writing
- Chapter 7: Analysing your Own Writing
- Chapter 8: Assessing Criticality
- Chapter 9: A Critical Thinking Community
- Chapter 10: Critical Thinking in the Professional Context