- Subject index
'This Course Companion in Criminal Justice by Ursula Smartt is to be applauded. It is an essential handbook for all students and practitioners who are studying the criminal justice system. The user-friendly framework provides students with practical support in how they can organise their approach to studying to maximise their knowledge and revision skills. I have no hesitation in commending this Companion as a valuable complementary text' - Professor Allyson MacVean, John Grieve Centre for Policing & Community Safety, Buckinghamshire Chilterns University College"Congratulations to Ursula Smartt and Sage on a most welcome 'skills' text for Criminal Justice students... The book is concise, clear, well-organised and accessible - highly recommended." Stephen Parrott, Birkbeck, University of LondonCriminal Justice by Ursula Smartt is part of an exciting new ...
Chapter 3.4: Revision Hints and Tips
Revision Hints and Tips
By the end of this section you should be able to:
- Map out your accumulated material for revision
- Choose summary tags to guide your revision
- Keep well-organised folders for revision
- Make use of effective memory techniques
- Revision that combines bullet points and in-depth reading
- Profit from the benefits of revising with others [Page 154]
- Attend to the practical exam revision workshops offered by your college/university
- Keep panic at bay
- Use strategies that keep you task-focused during the exam
- Select and apply relevant points from your prepared outlines.
The Return Journey
In a return journey you will usually pass by all the same places that you had already passed when you were outward bound. If you had observed the various landmarks on your outward journey you would be likely to remember them ...