- Subject index
‘It is full of good sense, a treasure chest of helpful ideas which have the credibility of being grounded in case-study material, and in the experience of the authors, two of whom are practising headteachers. The book sets out the principles underpinning the learning school, but offers also a strong pragmatic focus and is organized so that it can be dipped into and something worthwhile easily found…It will support change and improvement in the professional practices involved in making a school a stimulating learning environment for adults as well as students' - Dr Martin J Coles, Assistant Director, National College for School Leadership The ‘learning school’ described in this book suggests an alternative to the preoccupation with tests, targets, and leadership from above, and focuses ...
Chapter 4: Staffing in Learning Schools
Staffing in Learning Schools
This chapter considers the following questions:
- What will be the roles of teachers in ensuring effective learning?
- What roles will associate staff play in supporting the whole learning experience at school?
- How will students be supported in their emotional wellbeing?
- How will staffing be led and managed?
- As already noted, for all employees in a learning school the focus of what they do has to be on learning – the learning of students and their own. By staff in this chapter, we refer to anyone who is a paid ...