Cognitive Psychology provides student readers with essential help with all aspects of their first course in cognitive psychology, including advice on revising for exams, preparing and writing course assessment materials, and enhancing and progressing their knowledge and skills in line with course requirements in cognitive psychology.
The Basics of Cognitive Psychology
The overall aim of Part One is to familiarise you with the basics of cognitive psychology. It will:
- define cognitive psychology as a topic
- look at cognitive psychology and its related disciplines
- give you a brief history of cognitive psychology
- introduce the founding figures and their core ideas
- encourage you to think like a cognitive psychologist
- help you to understand the general principles of assessment and expected learning outcomes when studying this area of psychology
- provide tips and examples of the running themes you will find throughout the forthcoming text.