CBT has become more established as the therapy of choice in recent years, and consequently different voices in the CBT tradition have become prominent. This book brings together these voices by offering its readers a one-stop guide to the major approaches.
Each chapter offers an overview of a particular approach to CBT, covering:
Historical development of the approach; Theoretical underpinnings; Practical Applications; Case Examples; Research status
This book is essential reading for CBT trainees and practitioners as well as those training within the broader field of counseling & psychotherapy.
- Chapter 1: Cognitive Behaviour Therapies in Britain: The Historical Context and Present Situation
- Chapter 2: Beck's Cognitive Therapy
- Chapter 3: Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy
- Chapter 4: Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Chapter 5: Dialectical Behaviour Therapy
- Chapter 6: Metacognitive Therapy
- Chapter 7: Compassion-Focused Therapy
- Chapter 8: Schema Therapy
- Chapter 9: Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy (REBT)
- Chapter 10: Narrative CBT
- Chapter 11: Behavioural Activation
- Chapter 12: The Transdiagnostic Approach to CBT