Coaching and Mentoring for Business
Coaching and/or Mentoring modules, found on dedicated Coaching and Mentoring degrees or on Human Resource Development degrees that have a coaching component.
- Front Matter
- Subject Index
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: Coaching and Mentoring Theory and Models
- Chapter 3: Coaching and Mentoring Skills
- Chapter 4: Coaching and Mentoring for Individual Change
- Chapter 5: Coaching and Mentoring for Leaders
- Chapter 6: Coaching and Mentoring by Leaders
- Chapter 7: Coaching and Mentoring for Strategy
- Chapter 8: Coaching and Mentoring for Innovation
- Chapter 9: Coaching and Mentoring for Organisational Change
- Chapter 10: Cross-Cultural and Virtual Coaching and Mentoring
- Chapter 11: Ethical Issues in Coaching and Mentoring
- Chapter 12: Success in Coaching and Mentoring
SAGE Publications Ltd
1 Oliver's Yard
55 City Road
London EC1Y 1SP
SAGE Publications Inc.
2455 Teller Road
Thousand Oaks, California 91320
SAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd
B 1/I 1 Mohan Cooperative Industrial Area
New Delhi 110 044
SAGE Publications Asia-Pacific Pte Ltd
3 Church Street
#10-04 Samsung Hub
© Grace McCarthy 2014
First published 2014
Apart from any fair dealing for the purposes of research or private study, or criticism or review, as permitted under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act, 1988, this publication may be reproduced, stored or transmitted in any form, or by any means, only with the prior permission in writing of the publishers, or in the case of reprographic reproduction, in accordance with the terms of licences issued by the Copyright Licensing Agency. Enquiries concerning reproduction outside those terms should be sent to the publishers.
Library of Congress Control Number: 2013947797
British Library Cataloguing in Publication data
A catalogue record for this book is available from the British Library
ISBN 978-0-85702-336-0 (pbk)
Editor: Kirsty Smy
Editorial assistant: Nina Smith
Production editor: Katherine Haw
Copyeditor: Kate Harrison
Proofreader: Jill Birch
Indexer: Anne Fencott
Marketing manager: Alison Borg
Cover design: Francis Kenney
Typeset by: C&M Digitals (P) Ltd, Chennai, India
Printed in Great Britain by Henry Ling Limited at The Dorset Press, Dorchester, DT1 1HD
To Tim, Fiona and Seán for their love, for the wonderful times we spend together, for listening and asking great questions.
About the Author
I wish to acknowledge my heart-felt gratitude to the students of the Master of Business Coaching at the University of Wollongong, whose passion for coaching inspired me to write this book. I am also delighted to acknowledge the vision of Professor John Glynn, Executive Dean of the Faculty of Business, University of Wollongong, who encouraged and helped me to develop the Master of Business Coaching in conjunction with industry practitioners. I acknowledge sincerely how much I have learned from my colleagues, Gordon, Julia, Pádraig, and Vanessa. I am also grateful to colleagues in other universities, in particular Deusto in Spain, and Oxford-Brookes, Sheffield-Hallam and York St. John in the UK. I have also enjoyed learning from those I have mentored over the years. Thank you to all of you for your generosity in sharing what you do, how you do it and how you think about life. I look forward to continuing to learn with you.
About the Companion Website[Page viii]
Coaching and Mentoring for Business by Grace McCarthy is supported by a companion website.
Visit www.sagepub.co.uk/mccarthy to take advantage of the learning resources for students and lecturers.
- PowerPoint slides for each chapter for use in class
- Lecturer's guide to in class activities and notes on self assessment
- Links to relevant websites
- Skills and Knowledge self assessments and quizzes