- Theoretical Accounts of Adolescent Relationships and Relationship Change 60
- Relationships during Adolescence and Their Significance 62
- The Nature and Course of Relationships during Adolescence 63
- The Art of Fugue: Merging Parent and Peer Relationships 67
- Conclusions and Applications 69
A fugue is a musical composition characterized by distinct melodic themes that are elaborated successively and interwoven to create a single well-defined structure. We propose that the development of close relationships during adolescence and young adulthood follows an analogous pattern. Affiliations with friends, romantic partners, siblings, and parents unfold along varied and somewhat discrete trajectories for most of ...