KEY FEATURES: Required 2016 CACREP standards for CMH Counseling programs are covered. Chapter authors are leading counseling writers, and many are practicing CMH counselors. Chapter topics apply theory to real-world issues of practice, such as paperwork and medications. Case studies and discussion questions afford students opportunities to apply what they read to practical situations. Evidence-based treatments, neuroscience, and other cutting-edge topics reflect the currency of the text.Bolded key concepts help students to focus their reading and learning.
Chapter 9: Managed Care, Billing, and Documentation
Managed Care, Billing, and Documentation
Upon completion of this chapter, you will be able to do the following:
- Identify relevant legislation, laws, and ethical codes that impact mental health counseling handling of medical records
- Describe the processes by which clinical mental health (CMH) counselors are paid for their services
- Understand the steps for becoming an approved provider for insurance panels
- Consider the types of reimbursement methods and how they impact which clients may access CMH counselor services
- Explain the importance of administrative and clinical documentation
As you read in Chapter 1, CMH counselors work in a variety of settings and serve a variety of clients. As such, CMH ...