KEY FEATURES: Required 2016 CACREP standards for CMH Counseling programs are covered. Chapter authors are leading counseling writers, and many are practicing CMH counselors. Chapter topics apply theory to real-world issues of practice, such as paperwork and medications. Case studies and discussion questions afford students opportunities to apply what they read to practical situations. Evidence-based treatments, neuroscience, and other cutting-edge topics reflect the currency of the text.Bolded key concepts help students to focus their reading and learning.
Chapter 4: Continuum of Care
Continuum of Care
Upon completion of this chapter, you will be able to do the following:
- Understand the modalities through which counseling services are provided across the clinical
- mental health (CMH) counseling continuum of care
- Articulate the history of the CMH counseling continuum of care
- Describe the ethical and developmental aspects of the CMH counseling continuum of care
- Explain the services, settings, and roles of counselors across the CMH counseling continuum of care
- Understand the professional issues affecting the CMH counseling continuum of care
Continuum of Care: One Size Does Not Fit All
You have chosen to become a clinical mental health counselor, at least in part, because you want to be helpful to others. Often, however, beginning professionals may not realize ...