`This chunky little book is packed with interesting approaches to the currently fashionable area of client assessment... This is a book for any counsellor or counsellor trainee's shelf, a necessary reference for the sound professional' - Counselling News `The comprehensive series of essays... is a timely contribution... This book is about being professional and effective... a valuable multimodal life inventory for use with clients is provided' - Counselling, The Journal of The British Association for Counselling What information will help you assess the therapeutic needs of a client? Could you identify a suicidal client? How can you tell whether or not you are working wi
- What Do You Say after You Say ‘Er’?
- Chapter 1: General Assessment Issues
- Chapter 2: Client History Taking and Associated Administration
- Chapter 3: Medical and Psychiatric Assessment
- Chapter 4: What Type of Help?
- Chapter 5: Assessing for Optimal Therapeutic Intervention
- Chapter 6: Assessment and Accountability
- Chapter 7: Modality Assessment
- Chapter 8: Reviewing and Evaluating Therapeutic Progress