- Subject index
This key new text on CBT for personality disorders offers a unique trainee guide to this complex area. The book provides a practical, hands-on overview of the treatment strategies for working with personality disorders, linking these with the theory of both cognitive and behavioral approaches. Covering the full range of personality disorders, this is the most rounded and introductory guide yet.
Key content includes:
- Therapist self-care; avoiding pitfalls
- Holding the CBT line in challenging circumstances, across a range of multi-disciplinary settings
- Exploration of the therapeutic relationship and engagement strategies
- Reflections on the evidence for CBT and personality problems
- Chapter introductions and summaries, key learning points and reflective questions
- Case examples and vignettes
This book is an important resource for anyone wishing to use their CBT training with clients presenting personality disorders.