With the recent and increasing attention to accountability and standards, teacher preparation programs are more than ever in need of tools that vicariously acquaint future teachers with the difficult situations they will face. Cases for Teacher Development: Preparing for the Classroom is the perfect catalyst for this sort of teacher development. The cases encourage students to immerse themselves in classroom situations before they begin their practice, helping them link theory and experience. All of the cases present relevant situations that replicate the complicated, multitasked, and interrelated realms of the teacher.
Chapter 5: Managing Conflict When Working with Educational Partners
Managing Conflict When Working with Educational Partners
In this case, a teacher rediscovers that Annie, her student with special needs, is the reason for her continued efforts in teaching. The case commentators, Becky Wai-Ling Packard, Nancy L. Hutchinson, and Anne Jordan examine issues of trust and the conflicts that surround the effective teaching and assessment of Annie.
As you read this chapter, reflect on the following questions and issues:
- Consider the knowledge, skills, attitudes, and experience of the teacher.
- Consider Annie and her special needs. What supports have been put in place for Annie at home and at school? [Page 92]
- Consider the contextual elements influence the dilemmas.
- What role does the private tutoring company play in the case?
- Consider the diverse needs and perspectives ...