Identifying appropriate strategies for instruction or intervention made easy! Selecting individualized and evidence-based interventions for struggling students can overwhelm even the most experienced teachers. Save time and get the help you need with this comprehensive guide from an expert in special education and cultural differences! Organized around an alphabetized and cross-referenced list and a fold-out selection grid featuring more than 150 PBIS, RTI, and MTSS interventions, you’ll quickly find the tools to resolve specific learning and behavioral challenges. This must-have resource helps you effortlessly locate appropriate strategies based on student needs and desired learning outcomes. Teachers, counselors, and instructional intervention teams will learn to • Meet the needs of all your struggling students including at-risk, culturally and linguistically diverse, as well as those with IEPs • Progress monitor, document, and modify instructional strategies • Identify specific interventions for distinct learning and behavior problems, including many reading, writing, math, and attention strategies • Implement classroom-wide, small group, or individualized interventions • Use classroom-based data to guide decision making • Implement in a variety of settings, including special education, learning assistance programs, and full-inclusion Including implementation checklists, examples of every strategy as well as its research base, and graphic organizers, use this book to discover the what, why, and how to help each student achieve success!
- Use prior knowledge
- Expand and elaborate on learning
- Facilitate language development
- Reduce off-task behaviors
- Expand comprehension
- Build awareness of the learning process
- Facilitate discussion about new learning
- Build upon existing language skills of students
- Develop time on task
- Develop higher persistence
- Develop thinking and planning skills
- Build academic transfer skills
- This strategy is very helpful to stimulate students’ curiosity about a lesson or upcoming topic. It is a type of inquiry chart that can build up background information for the students while providing the teacher with a diagnostic tool or what students already know or don’t know about a topic.
- The teacher puts up photographs or illustrations on large pieces of paper, that is, the picture above with space below for writing. Or, the pictures go up in a ...