A resource for industry professionals and consultants, this book on corporate strategy lays down the theories and models for revitalizing companies in the face of global recession.
It discusses cutting-edge concepts, constructs, paradigms, theories, models, and cases of corporate strategic leadership for bringing about transformation and innovation in companies. The book demonstrates that great companies are those that make the leap from ‘good’ results to ‘great’ results and sustain these for at least 15 years; it explores, reviews and analyzes great transformation strategies in this context.
Each chapter in the book is appended with transformation exercises that further explicate the concepts.
Part I: Strategy in General
- Chapter 1: An Introduction to Business Transformation Strategies: Concepts, Constructs, and Contexts
- Chapter 2: Toward a Philosophy of Corporate Transformation Strategies
Part II: The CEO as a Strategic Leader and Critical Thinker
- Chapter 3: The CEO as a Strategic Leader
- Chapter 4: The CEO as a Systems Thinker
- Chapter 5: The CEO as a Critical Thinker of Simple Strategic Problems
- Chapter 6: The CEO as a Critical Thinker of “Wicked” Strategic Problems
Part III: The CEO as a Strategic Leader of Innovation Management
- Chapter 7: The CEO as a Strategic Leader of Creativity and Innovation Management
- Chapter 8: The CEO as the Strategic Leader of Corporate-Wide Innovation Management
- Chapter 9: The CEO as a Strategic Leader of Innovative Sustainable Competitive Advantage
- Chapter 10: The CEO as a Strategic Leader of Innovative Management of Corporate Growth
- Chapter 11: The CEO as a Person of Self-Mastery Through Executive Spiritual Development
- Chapter 12: The CEO as a Strategic Leader with a Shared Personal and Corporate Vision