Previously referred to as The No Blame Approach, the work of George and Barbara has been popular amongst practitioners but criticised by politicians. This publication incorporates an updated edition of their best selling Crying For Help and charts the recent controversy which lead to the removal of the method as a recommended intervention from the DfES website. For those who are interested in understanding, using and evaluating the method, this will provide a clear practical guide and an explanation of the theory underpinning the work.
Part One: What is the Support Group Method?
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: How it all began
- Chapter 3: Bullying – what is it and who is Involved?
- Chapter 4: Our Approach to Bullying – the Rationale
- Chapter 5: The Support Group Method – Step-By-Step
- Chapter 6: Accounts from a Practitioner
- Chapter 7: What Makes the Process Work?
- Chapter 8: Questions People Ask
- Chapter 9: Comparison with the Work of Pikas
Part Two: A Broader Perspective: Colleague Evidence
Part Three: Political Events, Controversy and Research