- Subject index
Every early years setting strives to create a calm and positive atmosphere, where children can thrive and develop as successful and confident learners.
By asking you to reflect on how the ethos, practice, and general approach in your setting impacts on the behavior of both children and adults, this book suggests sensible ways to achieve an exciting and stimulating environment for all.
From an award-winning author team, there is down-to-earth advice, a number of common-sense solutions and all the essential information you will need to develop the best sort of setting, where everyone supports one another.
Chapters offer guidance on:
- Creating an enabling environment for all
- Developing a team-based approach
- Considering the whole child
- Working with parents, and other professionals
- Observing and assessing behavior
- Sharing good practice
The book includes case studies of children between ...
Chapter Seven: A Skills Bank
A Skills Bank
The aim of this chapter is to provide practitioners and parents with some skills, information and advice about important aspects of practice in relation to behaviour.
Each can be used as stand-alone leaflets to be shared or can be displayed on staff-room noticeboards. They can also be used as a starting point for team discussion or training.
The subject areas include:
- Being a Key Person
- Learning Styles
- Promoting Children's Independence
- Offering Choices
- Visual Timetables
- Supporting Children to Share
- Developing Positive Listening and Talking Skills
- Developing Good Body Language
- Circle Time
- Puppets and Persona Dolls
- 25 Ways to Say ‘Well Done’
- 25 Ways to Build Self-Esteem
- Let's Talk About … Schemas
- Let's Talk About … Biting
- Let's Talk About … Swearing
- Let's ...