By reading this chapter, you will have:
- Developed an understanding of how reading provides a context for writing in Key Stage 1
- Developed an understanding of ways in which to engage children creatively in responding to a text
- Developed an understanding of some of the principles and processes involved in teaching writing
- Developed some ideas as to how you could use Amazing Grace and apply them to other texts
Pupils should be taught to:
develop pleasure in reading, motivation to read, vocabulary and understanding by:
- listening to, discussing and expressing views about a wide range of contemporary and classic poetry, stories and non-fiction at a level beyond that at which they ...