The ideal school is closer than you think. Welcome to Aspire High! The world’s best high school may be a dream, but it’s not out of reach. It’s a model drawn from research, observations, focus groups, and interviews, and each aspect of its success exists in a real school today. In this book, you’ll discover what makes Aspire High’s culture of aspiration work. Whether you’re a policymaker or district leader who can build a school from the ground up or an educator aiming for incremental change, you’ll find your next steps, including: • A whole new way to work with all stakeholders • Research and action for best practices, from physical layout to curriculum • Principles for designing practices that encourage student aspirations • Messages from thought leaders inside and outside the field of education Aspirational culture is good for the whole school community—and beyond. Make your school a dynamic place that promotes aspirations and meaningful learning for all.
- Introduction: Imagining Tomorrow’s School Today
- Chapter 1: Students as Teachers
- Chapter 2: Teachers as Learners
- Chapter 3: A Dynamic Role for School Leadership
- Chapter 4: Involving Parents in Meaningful and Productive Ways
- Chapter 5: Policies That Advance the Mission
- Chapter 6: A Pedagogy With Purpose
- Chapter 7: Technology as the Amplifier of Learning
- Chapter 8: Beyond Bricks and Mortar
- Chapter 9: The Challenges and Rewards of Being Bold!