‘Once I started this book I was hooked. Where was this book 10 years ago? So many of the problems I have dealt with and worked out through triall and error are here. It would have saved many tears and tantrums — and those not just from me! Once purchased, you will use it over and over again, for reference’ — Communication. A thought provoking and practical book about how one supporter, a grandmother, helped her granddaughter search for ways to help her overcome the difficulties they both faced. This book does not dwell on the problems but instead looks for the solutions they found together. It will be useful to all those whose lives are touched by Asperger's Syndrome but especially meaningful to those ...
This book can be used in many different ways:
- by young adults with Asperger's Syndrome supported by a family member, carer or counsellor
- to provide patterns of organisation in daily living for those with Asperger's Syndrome and those who support them
- as a basis for constructing programmes of development for each unique individual
- as a discussion document for a self-help group of people with Asperger's Syndrome
- by a tutor leading a social skills course for people with Asperger's Syndrome
- as a framework for schools and colleges training their staff to understand some of the complexities of Asperger's Syndrome
- for raising awareness of Asperger's Syndrome among the general public, especially during ‘Autism Awareness Week’ each year
- by a Local Authority, as a starting point of ...