If you think you know what positive psychology is, think again! This book offers a new integrative vision for making life better that takes in the body and the brain, culture and society, childhood and development… A must read for students.
Chapter 6: Occupations and Organisations
Occupations and Organisations
Work is love made visible… And what is it to work with love? It is to sow seeds with tenderness and reap the harvest with joy, even as if your beloved were to eat the fruit.
Learning Objectives – At the End of the Chapter You Will Be Able To…
- Differentiate positive organisational behaviour and positive organisational scholarship
- Conceptualise and approach occupations and organisations using the LIFE model
- Understand the impact of occupations, workplaces and organisations on wellbeing
- Appreciate the factors that contribute to work engagement
- Identify different PPIs to apply in the workplace and occupational situations
List of Topics…
- The Job Demands-Resources (J D-R) model
- Engagement, and its psychological drivers
- Strengths (including the VIA and the Realise2 models)
- Coaching, career counselling and mentoring
- Psychological capital (PsyCap)
- Meaning and purpose at ...